Monday, May 24, 2010

Mel's custom order



I started writing about this dress and collar a couple weeks ago (May 9). My dear friend and loyal client Melanie asked me to design and construct a piece for her to wear to goth prom in DC. I had two weeks to complete it and send it off.

This is the text she sent me when she received it on Thursday (May 20),"GOT YOUR DRESS AND COLLAR! I AM WEARING THEM NOW THEY ARE PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT I AM SO HAPPY. THANK YOU. I LOVE IT. The skirt length is great. Cut to boobs great. Love the tag. The lace is awesome. Collar is just how I wanted. Love the material too."

I always get a little nervous when making a custom piece. Especially when the person ordering the dress is too far away to fit. I'm so happy the pieces turned out perfect and she loved it all.


And off it went.

I asked Mel to photograph herself in the dress when she got it...



The night of...